One of the surest ways of ensuring that the J&K RTI Act is properly implemented and serves its purpose of making the government more responsive, is for all of us to use it frequently responsibly and effectively. It is with this aim in mind that CHRI has developed this User’s Guide. The User’s Guide aims to explain:
- who is covered by the Act;
- what information is accessible under the Act;
- how information can be accessed in practice;
- what options people have if they are not given the information they want; and
- how people can get involved and ensure the Act is implemented effectively to make the government more accountable, efficient and responsive.