PESHAWAR: The Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was not included under the ambit of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information (Amendment) Bill 2015 when it was passed unopposed on Tuesday. As a result, no one can extract information about assembly proceedings under the new law.
Through an amendment presented in the house, Minister for Info
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday said it will clear by June 30 75 per cent of cases pending since 2013. NAB chief Qamar Zaman Chaudhary said the move will help end backlog of cases whereas the remaining 25 per cent of cases have been forwarded for thorough investigation.
For more click below
Please find the The Punjab Transparency and Right to Information Rules 2014 .
Punjab Information Commission recently came out with a schedule under powers conferred on it under the provincial RTI Act specifying the costs of filing application under RTI.
Please find the Schedule attached.
A comparative chart of the cost of getting information in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab province of Pakistan, prepared by CPDI.
Please find the chart attached!
Article 19-A of the Constitution of Pakistan states, “Every citizen shall have the right to have access to information in all matters of public importance subject to regulation and reasonable restrictions imposed by law.”
With this fundamental right granted to the people of Pakistan, the country finally entered the era of transparency but the weak law
PPP Co-Chairman and former President Asif Ali Zardari showed serious concern about the impunity of crimes against media persons in the country on “Press Freedom day”. He emphasised the significance of “Right to Information Bill (RTI) and categorically stated that the draft federal RTI legislation had not been tabled even after one year of its finalisation by t